2015-2016 Slush Standings

The place to be for a casual day's fun pushing your car to its limits.

2015-2016 Slush Standings

Postby ginger » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Hey Everyone,

here are the current slush series standings, they will be updated throughout the series!
Kevan Cote - black 1991 Civic si SMF
ginger
President

Re: 2015-2016 Slush Standings

Postby ginger » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Slush 3 results have been added!
ginger
President

Postby ginger » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Results have been updated, some very close battles here! Slush 7 will be exciting for sure.
ginger
President

Postby zoli21 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:56 am

Hey Kevin. Sorry to bother again. Justin was supposed to be in stock class not in touring. I talked with chris last event about the mix up. He's running the stock frs.
zoli21
Senior Driver

Postby dominicK » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:15 am

Yes ,Justin did register his FRS for Street Touring class on the first few events, and he did used CS PAX for slush 4,5,6 in the Street Touring Category.

Moving him and changing his First 3 events PAX back to CS from STX would be unfair for INDEX group. On the otherhand, it is unfair to use CS modifier in Street Touring group. I believe a good solution would be Changing his CS modifier to STX. Being a stock car does not mean that he cannot register for a higher up class.
dominicK
Novice Driver

Postby zoli21 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:31 am

I agree. Changing it to stx would be better. Since my raw times are quicker but he is still ahead in pax makes it a bit unfair.
zoli21
Senior Driver

Postby JHolme » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:13 pm

I spoke with Kevan earlier today. I ran in STX/Stree Touring for the first 3 events before moving my car back to CS/Index over Christmas. The last three events 4,5,6 have all been run with me in CS/Index. My understanding is that you can count 5 events towards your overall Slush Series totals. This must include at least 4 events from one class, but that you can take your best event from another. So in this case I plan on driving in Slush 7 in CS/Index and using the 4 CS/Index events (4,5,6,7) with 1 of my STX/Street Touring events for my Slush series total. My understanding is that this is completely allowed and there seems to be consensus among those I have spoken with. I think Kevan is just figuring out the details now (probably crunching some numbers) and will take care of things as Kevan always does.

Also, I think there should be a special PAX value for hauling Chris around the better part of this season. He is a heavy 140lbs.

Thanks guys,
Justin
JHolme
Novice Driver

Postby zoli21 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Yes this is allowed. However, the total points in pax should be placed into the cs index category not in the touring category. It makes it unfair that a stock pax can have slower runs but still place ahead of touring due to the pax multiplier. I'm fine with you staying in the street touring category for standings if the pax gets switched to stx. But if you are going to calculate the cs pax against stx then it will be unfair advantage and should be placed back in the stock index class.
zoli21
Senior Driver

Postby toomuchpineapple » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:38 am

JHolme wrote:
Also, I think there should be a special PAX value for hauling Chris around the better part of this season. He is a heavy 140lbs.

Thanks guys,
Justin

+1 for this idea :wink:
2003 Mazda Miata LS
2002 Mazda Protege ES (sold)
toomuchpineapple
Novice Driver

Postby ginger » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Hey everyone, I just to clarify the way that we do the standings for the slush series. When there is a competitor racing in more than one slush group (ie. Street touring index and index in this case) the competitor will be placed into the same group in which the 4 events required to place in the slush series are competed in the same car. In this specific case the competitor has competed in 3 events in STI and 3 in index therefore put into STI for now as that was the first event of the series. After the final slush the competitor will be moved to whichever grouping the 4th event is competed in.

I hope this clears up any confusion and I am more than happy to provide further clarification! Please dont hesitate to ask.

JHolme wrote:Also, I think there should be a special PAX value for hauling Chris around the better part of this season. He is a heavy 140lbs.

Thanks guys,
Justin

We could bring back STC, Street touring chris, as a handicap? ;)
ginger
President

Postby steve123 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 pm

The way I read them, the rules state "A driver may only compete in one group for the duration of the entire series", IE: Street tire index or Index, and within that group "The Slush Series is scored on each driver’s best 5 of 7 events" "4 of 7 events used for calculating Slush Series points must be in one specific vehicle and class." IE: STX or CS not index or street tire index. Unfortunately, that leaves Justin with 3 events in one group and 4 in whatever group he runs in on Saturday. Am I on the right track here? Thanks
steve123
Novice Driver

Postby SnowMongoose » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:13 am

"A driver may only compete in one group for the duration of the entire series."
Seems cut and dry.
I was under the impression that the '4 of 7' clause was to allow for things like blowing up your car before an event and borrowing or codriving another car that was eligible for your group, rather than switching groups mid-season.
(or perhaps trying out a different car (in group) for an event, etc)
SnowMongoose
Novice Driver

Postby ginger » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

The 4 out of 7 events was indeed put in place in case there was an issue during an event which would not allow a competitor to compete in their own vehicle but still remain able to compete in the slush series. In this case the competitor has switched classes which has also forced him to change slush groups. With our main intent being that we want as many people to be eligible to compete in slush as possible we would like to allow Justin to be able to compete in index group in stock class. We realize that our current ruling is ambiguous and we will be reviewing these in the next month to make sure that they all comply to our intents of the slush series. As we are a club based off the intent of having fun while racing and we try to be a fairly relaxed club we want to make sure that this is okay with the other competitors in the index group. If there are any issues with this decision please let me know and I will do my best to resolve them.

Thank you,
Kevan
ginger
President

Postby Jvalgardson » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:58 am

Are you planning to post the running standing for the 2016/2017 season soon? I am curious...
-Jordan
2004 Mazda RX-8 (red)
Jvalgardson
Novice Driver

Return to Autocross (Solo II)