UBCSCC Slush 4 2017/18 Results and Feedback

The place to be for a casual day's fun pushing your car to its limits.

UBCSCC Slush 4 2017/18 Results and Feedback

Postby UBCSCC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for coming out for our fourth slush series event! Our next event is Slush 5 on Feb 4th, registration is available now here.

Here are the results from the day!
All Times
Indexed Times
Top Times

For any class group changes and protests, please e-mail us at results @ ubcscc(dot)com within 72 hours of the results being posted. After that, the results are FINAL.
If you don't know which class your car and modifications belong to, please check out our Car Classification Forum If you have any questions, don't be afraid to make a post and ask!
UBCSCC
UBCSCC's Forum Robot

Re: UBCSCC Slush 4 2017/18 Results and Feedback

Postby thenorm » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:14 am

what a great event.
I really enjoyed the competition in the top gun heat in the afternoon. There were so many lead changes, It was mentally exhausting. It literally came down to last runs and the leaderboard was all shaken up again.

I also enjoyed the course. Looked simple enough on the map, but there was some nuance that really took 9 runs to figure out.
Norman Hayton -
2014 Mustang GT in F Street
1999 BMW 323i for Rallycross
2011 FSP Canadian National Champion
2017 FS Canadian National Champion
thenorm
Pro-lurker

Postby 510 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am

Course was very well done. Way more challenging than it appeared.

Forecast 10 degrees and sunny. Wow - awesome! Lets run bald Bridgestones. Yup - that worked out well :lol:
Brian Hemming | 1990 Mazda Miata - CSP | 1993 Mazda MX6 - HS
Novice Driver

Postby immorality » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 pm

thenorm wrote:I also enjoyed the course. Looked simple enough on the map, but there was some nuance that really took 9 runs to figure out.

Agreed, it was my last run that made all the difference.
immorality
Senior Driver

Postby Traum » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Were people mostly just figuring out the course as the day went on? Cuz I certainly felt like my morning runs (in Group 2) had more grip than the afternoon session, and a few people I talked to seem to think so too.

I know I cleaned up a few of my mistakes in the morning, and tried a few new approaches in the afternoon, and those seemed to have helped. But I certainly didn't think I was getting more grip in the afternoon.
Traum
Senior Driver

Postby SnowMongoose » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

From what I saw the 'less wet' line that developed for heat 1 in the afternoon didn't stick around for 2 and 3.

Very solid course, took until the last run of the day to put everything together.
SnowMongoose
Novice Driver

Postby 67greengt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 pm

thanks for a great day all! weather didn't quite pan out as promised by the weather man, but thats no surprise here! Course turned out super fun.. counting the days to the next one. Yes I'm definitely hooked! Oh and don't forget to check out my buddy Andrew Ritchie's blog, he got a ton of amazing pictures of the day... he'll be sorting them out in the week to come and I think he's going to try and make it out to some more events. Thanks Andrew for the great blog and coverage

https://ridiculooseautomotive.wordpress ... ome-cones/

Check him out on instagram too: @ridic_u_loose
67greengt
Novice Driver

Postby C10CoryM » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Traum wrote:Were people mostly just figuring out the course as the day went on? Cuz I certainly felt like my morning runs (in Group 2) had more grip than the afternoon session, and a few people I talked to seem to think so too.

I know I cleaned up a few of my mistakes in the morning, and tried a few new approaches in the afternoon, and those seemed to have helped. But I certainly didn't think I was getting more grip in the afternoon.

For heat3 I'd say there was drier track in some areas, but no warmer. My all-seasons picked up a small amount of grip but maybe your tires were just to cold to care about the slightly drier track?

I found it tough to get sorted out there. With the lack of grip the slightest mistake killed the run. Seemed like I had a few solid runs with just one mistake (in different areas) that was just too slippery to catch quickly. Still, a fun, flowy course. Thanks to the people who make it happen.
Red 09 Yaris 5-dr. H-street/FSP
Black Seven (Caterham knockoff) E-mod
C10CoryM
Senior Driver

Postby Traum » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 pm

67greengt wrote:Thanks Andrew for the great blog and coverage

Awesome, awesome pics! Thank you!
Traum
Senior Driver

Postby Dom335 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:32 am

67greengt wrote:thanks for a great day all! weather didn't quite pan out as promised by the weather man, but thats no surprise here! Course turned out super fun.. counting the days to the next one. Yes I'm definitely hooked! Oh and don't forget to check out my buddy Andrew Ritchie's blog, he got a ton of amazing pictures of the day... he'll be sorting them out in the week to come and I think he's going to try and make it out to some more events. Thanks Andrew for the great blog and coverage

Cool Pictures Thanks!
Dom335
Novice Driver

Return to Autocross (Solo II)