Going from D/SS to D/SP

The place to be for a casual day's fun pushing your car to its limits.

Postby jlenko » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:35 pm

Ok.. so I have moved the battery... (even though it's only 6 inches or so.. tops!) so that's 1 point there... but that gets offset by the fire extinguisher (which I don't have yet but I will soon! (Now!))

Springs are 3 points - ouch. Oh well. I can't find this one bar at each end rule - where is that? I have more.. I have the GM stock front strut tower brace.. plus aftermarket front subframe, rear sway and rear strut tower braces. My rear tie bar is off (broken). How do I add up those points? (Am I already in D/SP? Oops!)

I never have run the nitrous on course (I think people would have noticed). I always left the bottle in the pits. I will continue to do so!

I'm thinking... leave the interior alone.. no points. Battery is already moved + 1 point, springs +3, additional bars +1 each? I think that's 6 then. I'll just stay there for now :)

But now I'm actually more confused - a 2000 Cavalier Z24 (which is a 2.4L DOHC engine) would be in G stock, but then I can't find it in SS/SP classes... the V6 and turbo definitely goes in D/SS but I can't find a category for 2.4L 4-cyl N/A.. :?:

...j
Image
jlenko
Novice Driver
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby v67_gsr » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:12 pm

jlenko wrote:Ok.. so I have moved the battery... (even though it's only 6 inches or so.. tops!) so that's 1 point there... but that gets offset by the fire extinguisher (which I don't have yet but I will soon! (Now!))

Springs are 3 points - ouch. Oh well. I can't find this one bar at each end rule - where is that? I have more.. I have the GM stock front strut tower brace.. plus aftermarket front subframe, rear sway and rear strut tower braces. My rear tie bar is off (broken). How do I add up those points? (Am I already in D/SP? Oops!)

I never have run the nitrous on course (I think people would have noticed). I always left the bottle in the pits. I will continue to do so!

I'm thinking... leave the interior alone.. no points. Battery is already moved + 1 point, springs +3, additional bars +1 each? I think that's 6 then. I'll just stay there for now :)

But now I'm actually more confused - a 2000 Cavalier Z24 (which is a 2.4L DOHC engine) would be in G stock, but then I can't find it in SS/SP classes... the V6 and turbo definitely goes in D/SS but I can't find a category for 2.4L 4-cyl N/A.. :?:

...j


Ok, battery is 1 point. Spring is 3 points, Sway bar is 1 point. Thats 5 points so far (if u keep interior).

About the "bar" rule, go to CACC Solo rule book section 6.4.C.vii. It is only permit to have 1 bar on each end. Stock parts do count into that 1 bar formula. This is not a point related modifaction. In SS class, it only allow 1 bar. In SP class, u can have 100 bars if u like. So if u want to race in SS, u need to remove your aftermarket front subframe and not install the rear tie bar back. Any extra will put u into SP (Well except the harness bar to put 3/4or 5 point harness. But that need to be inspect by tech to prove that it is not act as a body reinforcment bar.)
V67-GSR
Retired
FFImageFRImageMRImage
is there any MF?
User avatar
v67_gsr
Senior Driver
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Nov 2002

Postby N2O4U » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:30 pm

Nitrous oxide is LEGAL
its under the same points schedule as a Supercharger or Turbocharger
Anyways as of last season I never had the guts to try N2O at autocross. Soomebody pay for my 94 octane and nitrous fill and I'll do it next year ON STREET TIRES :P
User avatar
N2O4U
ex-fix web guy
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Oct 2002

Postby v67_gsr » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:21 pm

N2O4U wrote:Nitrous oxide is LEGAL
its under the same points schedule as a Supercharger or Turbocharger
Anyways as of last season I never had the guts to try N2O at autocross. Soomebody pay for my 94 octane and nitrous fill and I'll do it next year ON STREET TIRES :P


Sorry, my bad.
But keep in mind that NOS is 4 points mod. If u want to stay in SS, there is only 2 points left. And i am pretty sure even u can put that 2 points into the most effective way to improve the car. It is extremely hard for your car to be one of the top competitive in any of the SS class. Most SS car don't have huge improve in power. Take my car as example. I only have the most basic, point free bolt on for power. I spend all my 6 points into suspension and weight reduction department. And i am vary comfort to say that this is the most effecient way to be competitive in any SS class.
V67-GSR
Retired
FFImageFRImageMRImage
is there any MF?
User avatar
v67_gsr
Senior Driver
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Nov 2002

Postby Biggs » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:42 pm

You're doing pretty well too vasco..

I REALLY need new tires.. my last autox I was 3 sec faster when I swapped my r comps with street tires..
Image
Biggs
Senior Driver
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Surrey, BC

Postby v67_gsr » Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:08 am

Biggs wrote:I REALLY need new tires.. my last autox I was 3 sec faster when I swapped my r comps with street tires..


Well, true. New street will perform better than old R. In one of the last event, both me and my co-driver can hit 37s in the morning when the track is cold. but in the afternoon, the best we can do is like high 38s and low 39s. More than 1s slow than the morning best.
V67-GSR
Retired
FFImageFRImageMRImage
is there any MF?
User avatar
v67_gsr
Senior Driver
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Nov 2002

Postby v67_gsr » Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:09 am

Biggs wrote:I REALLY need new tires.. my last autox I was 3 sec faster when I swapped my r comps with street tires..


Well, true. New street will perform better than old R. In one of the last event, both me and my co-driver can hit 37s in the morning when the track is cold. but in the afternoon, the best we can do is like high 38s and low 39s. More than 1s slow than the morning best.
V67-GSR
Retired
FFImageFRImageMRImage
is there any MF?
User avatar
v67_gsr
Senior Driver
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Nov 2002

Postby jlenko » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:57 pm

Well, so then it looks like I should actually have been competing in D/SP then all along? Sheesh... oh well.

Looks like the rear disc conversion can go on before the January event then! :) If I manage to get in, that is.

...j
Image
jlenko
Novice Driver
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC

Previous

Return to Autocross (Solo II)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest