Suspension Thoughts

The place to be for a casual day's fun pushing your car to its limits.

Postby dov » Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:10 pm

Now I fell even more sorry for all the people who drive hondas. ( no offence)
1990 Mazda Miata (STS) Racecar
1997 BMW 318 convertible (GS) daily
dov
Senior Driver

Postby v67_gsr » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:17 pm

dov wrote::o :shock: :o :shock: :x :x 6000$ thats wrong are u sure that that isn't the price with a 205% upcharge or something.

Nop, thats true. My friend's GSR, with 43% discount, cost like 2800. So if u do the math, the original cost is ~5000.

Thats the new rate ICBC apply to any high power, sport compact car. To fight the increasing fatal rate from illegal racing.

And i don't think any of u non-honda driver should feel sorry for most honda drivers. The new rate also apply to most other racey car. Generally speeking, all 2/4 door 4WD sport compact, 2/4 door high power RWD mid size sport car. Light weight/high power FWD sport car etc will all suffer in the new rate.

And ya, thats suck. #%^$ ICBC.
V67-GSR
Retired
FFImageFRImageMRImage
is there any MF?
v67_gsr
Senior Driver

Postby dov » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:04 pm

When you say high power rwd mid size sports cars you mean mustangs and trans am's right.
Are they going to increase the insurance on my 240sx. It doesn't have any power, honnest.
NOOOOOOOOO. :cry: me no have no money. :cry: If they increase my insurance payments I would just like to say f### you to all the idiots who streat race, go 120 in school zones to impress other idiots, travel +30 km/hr faster everone elce weeving through traffic, run red lights, do hand brake U turns in the middle of intersections and generally compete with each other to see which one of is worthy of a darwin award.

Look I don't think I'm a good driver. But unlike some people I never try to intentionaly be a bad one. Keep our stupid antics to empty parking lots and everyone will be happy. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
1990 Mazda Miata (STS) Racecar
1997 BMW 318 convertible (GS) daily
dov
Senior Driver

Postby v67_gsr » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:11 pm

Well, i am not sure in detail which car will increase or not. But the total average increase is about 10% to all cars, no matter what make and model. For those i mention above, the increase rate is about 40~45%.

Again, @#$% ICBC. All the way.
V67-GSR
Retired
FFImageFRImageMRImage
is there any MF?
v67_gsr
Senior Driver

Previous

Return to Autocross (Solo II)