UBCSCC Track Day Program 2013

Ready to take your driving to the next level?

UBCSCC Track Day Program 2013

Postby eunos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 pm

UBCSCC is very excited to introduce our Track Day Program for 2013.
We are going to have 3 events this summer, all at Mission Raceway.

The 3 dates are:

Wednesday, May 15th (Test and Tune for Knox)
Friday, June 21st (Mandatory Long Weekend)
Wednesday, August 14th (Summer's Last Hurrah)

You can look forward to a fast and educational atmosphere with quality instruction. Lunches, track tips, discussion and the camaraderie that comes from flogging your car on a proper race track with good friends!

All drivers must hold valid UBCSCC 2013 Membership!

These events are capped at 40 drivers and 3 Run Groups - 12 Novices, 28 Seniors. I personally promise you that we will never overfill an event to make an extra dollar, particularly as we are a 100% volunteer run club, no one is here to make money. On that note, we are always looking for help with working corners and enabling the event to run smoothly. It's a great way to meet members, make connections, check out some awesome cars and spend the day; as a bonus we will even pay you and feed you :P !

The events can fill up very quickly and unfortunately no amount of emails, calls and requests for exceptions will change the cap (we ran into this 2/3 events last summer). I have been out there with you guys many times in my own car and I know what its like to drive on a crowded race track - no fun! Therefore please sign up early to avoid this problem.

Lastly I have not been authorized to drop the details yet but we will have some exciting Sponsorship announcements to make for this track day season!

For everything you need to know for regulations and what is required, please visit our Track Day 2013 page. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here or contact me directly!

-Ivan
ivan@ubcscc.com
Eat your burgers plain for the first few months, don't worry about modding them with fancy condiments, spend your money on eating out more or an eating school.

Once you have the hang of eating your plain burger then worry about condiments.
eunos
2011-12 UBCSCC Track Day Coordinator

Re: UBCSCC 2013 Trackday Program

Postby mistermct » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Glad to have the dates confirmed so soon! Now I just need to work on getting the wife to let me bring our STI out 8)

When should we expect signup to open and should we expect any price changes from last year?
-- Sean
2011 Subaru WRX STI in STU/BS
1984 Toyota Corolla 4AG20V - track car!
mistermct
Senior Driver

Re: UBCSCC 2013 Trackday Program

Postby eunos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I can't give an exact time that sign up will be open, other than it will be soon, I believe before the end of the month. We are moving to a new service from Karelo and the sign up time is dependent on them.

Pricing will not change from last year, if anything there will be more incentives to attend this year ;)

A couple small reminders (of which most you can find on our track days link up top): Novices are not allowed to run race tires or bring passengers unless its an instructor. Also when signing up please give me a good idea of car prep and experience so I can set up the run groups accordingly. Things are a lot more fun for everyone if there is a small differential in closing speeds.
Eat your burgers plain for the first few months, don't worry about modding them with fancy condiments, spend your money on eating out more or an eating school.

Once you have the hang of eating your plain burger then worry about condiments.
eunos
2011-12 UBCSCC Track Day Coordinator

Re: UBCSCC Track Day Program 2013

Postby joejoepop » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Interested in coming out for the 2nd track day, June 21st, signup links coming soon?
joejoepop
Novice Driver

Re: UBCSCC Track Day Program 2013

Postby ginger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:35 pm

The registration is just being created and checked over. It should be up by tomorrow night. Thanks for the interest!
Kevan Cote - black 1991 Civic si SMF
ginger
President

Return to Solosprint & Track Days (Solo I)