Knox Mountain Hillclimb 2014, May 17-18

Ready to take your driving to the next level?

Knox Mountain Hillclimb 2014, May 17-18

Postby RockosA2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:58 am

Hello All,
Was just curious to know who's competing, spectating.

I should be headed to the hill early Friday the 16th, if all goes according to plan. For those who haven't attended, whether spectating or competing, its a blast of an event. Lots of cool machines, good people and hopefully good weather.

Anyhow keep your eyes peeled for an ugly red Rabbit, that's where I'll be.
Tyler
82' Track Prepped Rabbit - EP
11' Jetta TDi - H-Stock
87' Scirocco 16V - ST
http://www.avrparts.com
http://www.jsperformance.ca
RockosA2
Senior Driver

Re: Knox Mountain Hillclimb 2014, May 17-18

Postby ginger » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:22 am

I know that a few of us are going up for the weekend. Chris, Graeme, steph, ryan and I all just to spectate. It is always a good event to go to! Will you be racing Tyler?
Kevan Cote - black 1991 Civic si SMF
ginger
President

Postby solorex » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:05 pm

For the first time in 8 years I will not be racing :( But I will still be in the area that weekend, will likely pop by and spectate. Such an awesome event.
solorex
Senior Driver

Postby RockosA2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 am

Hey Kevan! I will be competing, if all goes according to plan here, just have a few final things do to the car which should be able to happen before May Long. Tyson right? Why aren't you competing??
82' Track Prepped Rabbit - EP
11' Jetta TDi - H-Stock
87' Scirocco 16V - ST
http://www.avrparts.com
http://www.jsperformance.ca
RockosA2
Senior Driver

Postby solorex » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 pm

RockosA2 wrote: Tyson right? Why aren't you competing??

Yes. It was a tough decision, but after the Mustang crash last year I just don't feel that my car is that safe considering I only have a roll bar. I've run the hill at 2:00 flat, so the speeds are there and the consequences are big. My CRX is just in too good a condition for a cage; I have hummed and hawed about putting a full cage in it for the last few years. Honestly, I'd ultimately like to build a dedicated race car; but that's not happening this season. In the mean time I'm planning to get out to more autox and track days at the Ridge.
solorex
Senior Driver

Postby Zedzag » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:38 pm

solorex wrote:
RockosA2 wrote: Tyson right? Why aren't you competing??

Yes. It was a tough decision, but after the Mustang crash last year I just don't feel that my car is that safe considering I only have a roll bar. I've run the hill at 2:00 flat, so the speeds are there and the consequences are big. My CRX is just in too good a condition for a cage; I have hummed and hawed about putting a full cage in it for the last few years. Honestly, I'd ultimately like to build a dedicated race car; but that's not happening this season. In the mean time I'm planning to get out to more autox and track days at the Ridge.
Funny how a crash effects you. I ran Knox for the first(and only time so far) in 2012 in my 2002 Camaro with only a 4 pt bar. I was getting faster with each run and eventually ran a 2:04.181 before going off in turn 5. I was fine and the car made it home...barely. Right after I went off, a miata with a full cage went off in turn 5 as well and rolled into a tree. Huge wake up call for me. No way in hell would that 4pt bar be good enough to go another year because I know myself and would want to beat my 2:04 run.

As well, my Camaro is too nice to turn into a proper racecar. I'll do Knox again but it wont be until I get that racecar.
Black 2002 Camaro SS - ESP
Zedzag
Senior Driver

Postby solorex » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:21 am

It's a tough one, because I am hearing that entries are down this year. We do need people to participate! It would be a shame if this event went away! I hope my post doesn't shy people away at all, I have never felt that the hill is extremely dangerous, it's just when you start pushing for that extra little bit after many years of racing that you start to play with that fine line. You are right on the edge and that's where you need to be to go fast.

Knox Mtn is definitely one of the best events and venues we have in this province so do definitely give it a go if you have a car that is prepped and legal to run it!
solorex
Senior Driver

Postby pug205dave » Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 am

As long as this weekends test goes well. I will be up competing with the peugeot again this year.
pug205dave
Senior Driver

Return to Solosprint & Track Days (Solo I)