Hello

All general membership questions & announcements belong here.

Hello

Postby mgkluft » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi all,
I am a new club member and new to the forum. After reading a number of posts, it looks to be a friendly place to be hanging out; even found an old friend from another forum, C10CoryM, a fellow Locost builder.
My name is Martin Kluftinger and I'm in Pemberton, BC; my purpose in joining is to participate in a few track days, and maybe try an AutoX. I have recently finished a Lotus 7 type roadster, and it will probably be fun to take it out and see what it can do. I have no racing aspirations; been there and had all the t-shirts ( although, I should have kept some). As to my background, I raced motorcycles at Westwood, SIR and PIR in the late 70's and early 80's. Then I switched to Formula Ford for a few years and then finally Honda Michelin. However, the F1 scouts sadly failed to recognize my huge talents, and I left racing for aviation, where I competed in aerobatics, flying out of Delta Airpark. Being fortunate to have survived that decade, I turned my attention to having a family and building, rather than competing. My first build was an airplane, followed by the 7 and now, I have just started on a Morgan 3 Wheeler replica.
But I am planning to have some fun with the 7, and hope to be able to bring it out a few times. Looking forward to meeting some of you.
mgkluft
Novice Driver

Return to UBCSCC General Forum