Targa Newfoundland 2016, join us?

Drag Racing, Karting, Rallying, and more. If it requires a motor, it goes here!

Targa Newfoundland 2016, join us?

Postby Grasshopper » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:33 pm

I have received an email from a fellow auto enthusiast and would like to forward the message onwards to the nice internet folk.

Hi everyone,

My name is Darren Sheppard. I’m the General Manager of Targa Newfoundland. Targa is a 1,600 km tarmac rally that occurs each September in Newfoundland & Labrador.

Next September is our 15th Anniversary. Currently, we have participates from Ontario, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, Alberta & Quebec with regards to Canadian entries. We run approximately 45 timed, closed road stages that run from 3 km’s up to 26 km’s in length. These roads are public, however, we are given authority from the provincial government to close these roads for our event. You would be running your vehicles along the beautiful coastline, in the interior of the rugged landscape, and through towns where white picket fences and houses are within feet of your vehicle. All types of vehicles (cars and trucks) can enter our event.

I have attached our Competitor Presentation which gives an overview of who we are, where we are located, and the type of numbers (competitor, volunteers, advertising, etc.). I have also attached our basic entry form. Please note the different prices for the different divisions. Divisions are explained within the presentation. We also have several Challenges that are not attached to the divisions. The Lucas Oil Challenge for those running only Lucas Oil Products in their vehicles (winner receives free entry into the 2017 Targa); a Masters Challenge for previous winners of divisions within Targa to be declared a Targa Master - the best of the best - at the conclusion of the 2016 Targa; with more Challenges to be announced in the new year.

We obtained your emails from the Canadian Auto Handbook. In it, you’ll also find a couple of articles/images about teams/vehicles that competed in Targa. No reason why you couldn’t be in that magazine next year with Targa decals and showing off how well you did in our event. If you could forward this email onto your members or participants, or discuss the presentation with your groups, that’d be greatly appreciated.

If you’d like to sign up to our monthly newsletter, please reply to this email and I’ll add you to our list (or you can sign up via our website, see signature below). Please check out our Facebook and Twitter pages too.

Any other questions regarding logistics, the registration process, or about the event itself, please don't hesitate to contact me. I’d be more than welcome to assist you and your members in discovering our event.

Darren Sheppard
General Manager
Join us for the 15th Anniversary Targa Newfoundland
September 10th to 17th, 2016
Enjoy Targa: Watch from a Safe and Secure Place
Newfoundland International Motorsports Limited
303 Thorburn Road, Suite 2-D, St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador,
Canada. A1B 4R1
Tel: 709-722-2413 Tel: 877-332-2413 Fax: 709-753-7646
Ryan Richman - exUBCSCC VP
1994 Mazda Miata 1.8T - Green - SSM
1994 Mazda Miata 1.8NA - Blue - Doryfish