2011-12 Executive Member

Re: Ginger EF build

Postby solorex » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:59 am

wow! That's awesome. Congrats!
solorex
Senior Driver

Postby PDM » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 am

........................................ not moving out of mom and dad's house soon.........................................lol
PDM
Senior Driver

Postby ginger » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Did some transmission work tonight. Finally took apart the transmission that tyson sold me to get at this

Then took apart my spare transmission and rebuilt it with new synchros. Pretty straight forward process and highly recommended to anyone thinking about it

The spare trans, shes a little dirty, any tips for cleaning?

Kevan Cote - black 1991 Civic si SMF
ginger
President

Postby Grasshopper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:08 pm

I heard this stuff works fairly well for cleaning things.
Ryan Richman - exUBCSCC VP
1994 Mazda Miata 1.8T - Green - SSM
2004 Mini Cooper S - Lemon Grey
1994 Mazda Miata 1.8NA - Blue - Doryfish (sold)
2007 Ford Ranger - Race Truck/ family support vehicle
2000 Audi A4 2.8 Supercharged (sold)
Grasshopper
Senior Driver

Postby solorex » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:06 am

Use Oven Cleaner, this stuff works wonders. Let it sit and then use a stiff bristle brush and a lot of "elbow grease" as Ryan mentioned. Rinse clean and then use simple green with brushes again, rinse again. I usually hit my stuff with aluminum paint after, but that step is up to you. Make sure to mask off the axle holes/seals so your not spraying water in there.
solorex
Senior Driver

Postby immorality » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 am

x2 on the oven cleaner. You don't want to be breathing it in, and you need to make sure to give it a really good clean to remove any residue when you are done.
immorality
Senior Driver

Postby ginger » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Well Ive been quite bad about updating this lately. Got the transmission in with troubles, turns out my spare trans that I rebuilt to put the LSD in had a bent shift fork or carrier now allowing me to shift nicely into 3rd or 4th. Took a while to figure that out one but shes in now with the old case and running great!. Ended up shorting out my old battery and wrecking a cell inside it so picked up a new one, decided to try shorai this time because they are available 2 block from my house.

Size difference:

Also grabbed some new (ish) tires for packwood, mounted last night and hopefully ready to race now!
ginger
President

Postby ginger » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 am

About time that I update this thread. Unfortunately I havent done much work on the car at all, Ive been having too much fun driving it and dont really want to mess with a good thing. Ive also been doing a lot of this all summer:
Image2015-11-18_09-20-12 by iambikepro, on Flickr

Anyways, I have done some very small things. A friend asked me to do some work on his bike
Image2015-11-18_09-22-08 by iambikepro, on Flickr

1988 cbr400 from japan, pretty cool bike. He ended up paying me in some pedals so I was excited about that. Mugen pedals from japan, still clean because my dirty shoes havent touched them yet haha
Image2015-11-18_09-20-36 by iambikepro, on Flickr

Also got some new shoes for my daily but tested them on the cow. SSR mk3, 13X6. Pretty neat little rims.
Image2015-11-18_09-21-03 by iambikepro, on Flickr

Finally, this is where my effort has been going for the last few months. Finally got my bridgeport cnc cutting. The machine needed to be completely rewired top to bottom as well as tuning the motors and configuring the machine. Took me a while to figure it all out but it ran its first g-code last weekend and I couldnt be more stoked!
Image2015-11-18_09-21-31 by iambikepro, on Flickr
ginger
President

Previous

Return to Builds and Projects