Angelo's Build Thread and Powdercoating

Share you car build or other projects you have going on

Re: Angelo's Build Thread and Powdercoating

Postby stelios » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:34 am

Tore down my Z6 this weekend, and man is it dirty. Lots of old sludgy oil buildup on everything. Guess you can't trust a civic owner to do regular oil changes. I'm going to get the head cleaned up and start a bit of porting, and I'll be ordering my rods soon so I can send the block in for machining. Anyone have any good methods of cleaning valves? Mine are a bit carboned up.
Haven't done any powder coating lately, but I have a bunch of small stuff that I'll be doing in black for the rebuild. Got bored and needed inspiration to work in a freezing cold garage so I threw the chromed valvecover in my engine bay. Doesn't look too shabby in there if I do say so myself.
Angelo Manousiadis
UBCSCC Exec
'91 Honda CRX
#68 SMF
stelios
Senior Driver

Postby stelios » Fri May 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Did some powdercoating today, along with a bit of porting on my VTEC head.
Ports need a bit more work, but they'll be better than stock regardless. Also, as of the last event, I now need to buy new tires. Decided to go 13x8 so I can run 225/45/13 slicks. Looking to get some Panasport knock offs to clear my big brakes.
Picked up an Odyssey PC680 battery for it too, which will be nice to free up a bit of space in the engine bay.
Angelo Manousiadis
UBCSCC Exec
'91 Honda CRX
#68 SMF
stelios
Senior Driver

Postby solorex » Mon May 04, 2015 8:07 am

solorex
Senior Driver

Postby stelios » Fri May 08, 2015 1:51 am

Unless I'm missing something, I feel like custom wheels are a bit out of my price range :P I wish though.
Angelo Manousiadis
UBCSCC Exec
'91 Honda CRX
#68 SMF
stelios
Senior Driver

Postby Cyco » Mon May 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Hey Angelo,

It's Chris with the K20 EF from Knox. I apologize but I misplaced your contact info, but I did try the lenso's over the DA sized brakes.... It is really really close but they do clear them. Nice build by the way, I'll have to bring the race car out to a ubc event sometime this year.

-Chris
Cyco
Novice Driver

Postby stelios » Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Awesome thanks Chris, I'll have to keep my eye out for a set then. Definitely bring the car out, it's always nice to have more EFs out to beat up on the Miatas :D
Angelo Manousiadis
UBCSCC Exec
'91 Honda CRX
#68 SMF
stelios
Senior Driver

Previous

Return to Builds and Projects