UBCSCC Slush 6 - March 28/2010

Here's my set of pictures from Slush 6 - not too many, because the weather didn't let up and my camera battery wasn't doing so well because I forgot to charge it, haha. :roll:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dionditan/sets/72157623725045378/

Sorry about the rather crap panning shots, still need more practice on that. I keep leading the car too far and end up with only the front half...

Comments

• wonwon
    edited November -1
    Awesome! I'm plenty happy with what you have :) Thank you.
    Won, ex-Exec
    83 911SC Targa
    05 R52S
    19 Mercedes A180d
  • edited November -1
    Cool Roastpuff! Thanks for the nice shots!
    2007 Mustang GT
  • edited November -1
    Awesome shots! Any chance I could get you to email me 2064 and 1774 in high resolution? My email is mark at ubcscc . com

Thanks dude!
    Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
    BM #51: 2004 Stohr WF1
    STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i (sold 2019)
    DSP #67: 1997 BMW 328is (sold 2012)
  • edited November -1
    lowside67 wrote:
    Awesome shots! Any chance I could get you to email me 2064 and 1774 in high resolution? My email is mark at ubcscc . com

Thanks dude!

Here's the link to the original resolutions on Flickr... I can't really email them because they're roughly 8MB each and will make my email uploader explode, haha.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dionditan/4472593086/sizes/o/in/set-72157623725045378/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dionditan/4471640319/sizes/o/in/set-72157623725045378/
  • edited November -1
    Awesome, thanks man. I'm going to have one printed! :)
    Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
    BM #51: 2004 Stohr WF1
    STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i (sold 2019)
    DSP #67: 1997 BMW 328is (sold 2012)
  • edited November -1
    lowside67 wrote:
    Awesome, thanks man. I'm going to have one printed! :)
    You're welcome - if you want the RAW files I can give them to you, it might give a better result than the JPEGs.

I want to see it once it's printed!
  • edited November -1
    Thank you for the pics~!!! After churning out countless photos of other people racing in their cars (but only getting very few pictures of myself racing since I can't both be behind the wheel and behind the camera), you really don't know how much I appreciate these photos of yours.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! :D

-Lik

p.s. BTW, how were you doing the panning? Personally, I find it significantly easier to pan with some help from a monopod. Free-handing it was a little too difficult for my crappy skills~
  • edited November -1
    uploading the videos to Youtube right now... I'll post up the links when they're ready!
  • edited November -1
    Traum wrote:
    Thank you for the pics~!!! After churning out countless photos of other people racing in their cars (but only getting very few pictures of myself racing since I can't both be behind the wheel and behind the camera), you really don't know how much I appreciate these photos of yours.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! :D

-Lik

p.s. BTW, how were you doing the panning? Personally, I find it significantly easier to pan with some help from a monopod. Free-handing it was a little too difficult for my crappy skills~

You're welcome! I'm glad you like the photos - I feel the same way, since I can't shoot and drive at the same time, haha.

I'm panning freehand - it makes it easier when you have a heavy camera and heavy lens, it tends to be more steady. What you don't see is how much straightening I have to do afterwards, haha. It takes practice to pan successfully, and my success ratio is pretty low so far. Need more practice!

I have a monopod and a tripod, but I don't use the monopod because it tends to get in the way otherwise, and it doesn't let me move fast enough to follow the cars when panning.
  • edited November -1
    Videos

I only got the 1st heat and a bit of 2nd.

Here you go! (To watch it in HD click on the video to watch on YouTube)

White Si, R32 Skyline, Silver Golf

Transam,White ITR, '86, Army of Miatas/MX-5

Blue Miata, Silver S2k, White Si, R32 Skyline, Silver GTI

'86 and Black MX-5

White ITR

Corvette

Red Pedobear GTI

Red GTI

Blue Si, Black GTI

Silver WRX

Red WRX

Alero

TT

White EF Civic

• edited November -1
    That's amazing! Thank you, sir, for that massive video dump.
    James McLeod
    DS 97 Integra Type R
  • edited November -1
    Nice!

Thanks for taking the videos! Greatly appreciated :D
  • edited November -1
    Awesome... thank you sir! I never saw my car being driven before :D
  • edited November -1
    You had to get the one run where I screwed up the sweeper entry and the slalom entry, eh? :oops:

Thanks Terence!
  • edited November -1
    my pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tc_terencec/sets/72157623752533756/

If you want full size without the border, let me know and I can PM you a link!