UBCSCC Trackday Experience Video - July 9th and Aug 2nd

Here's some footage from the two trackdays I went to. Wish I had more from the first trackday but my car wasn't running.

Stephen Yu
SMF - 2002 Mini Cooper S - DINAN

Comments

• edited November -1
    Awesome editing and video! It's amusing to see a Mini Cooper S chase down Corvettes and Porsches! The supercharger whine is awesome as well. :mrgreen:

What camera were you using on the focus-fade shots?
  • edited November -1
    Thanks! Ironically, I had no power above 5000rpm due to a clogged muffler. I checked it out last week and there was a piece of my blown cat. converter stuck in the outlet with a 1 inch hole. Bleah.

I was shooting with my D90. The panning shots were with a 70-200 lens and that was tough to keep stable without my tripod!
    Stephen Yu
  • edited November -1
    This would make a great promotional video for the club. Awesome video! You and Jay being in the gaming industry certainly helps to make nice videos.
    Uncle Larry
    Team Ecurie Snoopy 1966-2013
    "r5,in 100 Crest jump flat flat flat out"
  • edited November -1
    I am definitely open to doing a promo video for UBCSCC. If people wanted to send me some cool footage of them driving, doesn't have to be long, I can make a highlight reel for the club. I already have unlicensed songs picked out for that sort of stuff, so it's just the matter of acquiring videos. It can be trackdays or auto-x footage. I might get some off of you and Jay and start to put something together.
    Stephen Yu
  • edited November -1
    Sweet. I've left a message with the guys to see if they're interested in something like this.

Would go a long ways to promote the club and events and show that it is indeed fun to run in the sun or rain or snow.

I guess they'll be contacting you on this later we come back from Sundays event.
    Uncle Larry
    Team Ecurie Snoopy 1966-2013
    "r5,in 100 Crest jump flat flat flat out"