Comments

  • edited November -1
    Thank you, our fearless photographer, for going out there today to shoot these awesome photos for us!

    -Lik
  • edited October 2011
    Here's my set of heat two photos:

    https://picasaweb.google.com/gcaldwell/Slush1#

    I have lots more, but I only posted a couple per car. If you want all of them for your specific car, just send me a message.
  • edited November -1
    Thank you so much for the pictures!
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    2005 Toyota Corolla S
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys!!
  • edited November -1
    Great, thanks for the pictures!
  • edited November -1
    Big Thanks!
    -- Sean
    2011 Subaru WRX STI in STU/BS
    1984 Toyota Corolla 4AG20V - track car!
  • edited November 2011
    Heat 2 Photos:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/54004187@N00/sets/72157628025196046/

    Not my best photo day (so cold and wet!) but hope you guys like them!

    Also, here's my best run



    Let me know if I missed any cars from heat 2 =)
    Mason
    2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged (Past)
  • edited November -1
    Didn't take most of these but had my gf shoot them with my camera to keep her from dying of boredom.
    Feel free to add me on facebook cause I'm lonely like that, and also feel free to ask for a full res original unedited version of the pics, fb likes to dumb down the quality but it's just easier for me to upload em all at once :P

    Heat 1:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150354547652912.360751.505467911&type=1&l=fffcf36a87

    Heat 2:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150354665862912.360779.505467911&type=1&l=b6046f7f72

    Heat 3:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150354755412912.360811.505467911&type=1&l=671fdcb094
    Justin Chan
    2000 Emerald MIca Miata
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for taking pictures guys. I bet everyone loves to see pics of their cars on course whether they will admit it or not.
    Cheers,
    Cory
    Red 09 Yaris 5-dr. H-street/FSP
    Black Seven (Caterham knockoff) E-mod
    Silver 01 Miata STR
  • edited November -1
    ilvtofu wrote:
    Didn't take most of these but had my gf shoot them with my camera to keep her from dying of boredom.
    Feel free to add me on facebook cause I'm lonely like that, and also feel free to ask for a full res original unedited version of the pics, fb likes to dumb down the quality but it's just easier for me to upload em all at once :P
    I think FB has a high res upload mode or something like that, but it is supposed to take quite a bit longer. Personally, I've never tried that feature before. But it might work for you next time. That way, none of us would have to bug you for the higher resolution pics~ :lol:

    But hey, major thanks (both to you and your gf) for the pics~! I know how tedious it is to get shots of every single car in all the different heats. [thumbs up]

    -Lik
  • edited November -1
    thanks for all the pictures guys!! some awesome shots there :D definitely stealing a couple for my collection haha
    Graeme Adamson
    1992 Nissan 240sx - SM
    1990 Nissan GT-R - SSM
  • edited November -1
    Hi everyone!

    Thanks for the great time on Sunday - I took a pile of photos of group 1, I really must learn how to use my camera better, with the low light it was hard to get good focus, but there's hopefully a few good action shots in here.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinagene/sets/72157628028276932/
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the pictures everyone :D
  • edited November -1
    Traum wrote:
    I think FB has a high res upload mode or something like that, but it is supposed to take quite a bit longer. Personally, I've never tried that feature before. But it might work for you next time. That way, none of us would have to bug you for the higher resolution pics~ :lol:

    But hey, major thanks (both to you and your gf) for the pics~! I know how tedious it is to get shots of every single car in all the different heats. [thumbs up]

    -Lik

    It does and it's noticeably better, but with iPhoto I just pull the pics off my CF card and click one button and it automatically uploads all my pics to FB in 5 mins, its actually pretty awesome because I can edit the pics later on and it will sync the pics with FB, but yeah the quality is meh.

    I ought to get a lens hood or something, for the first few heats my filter was all wet and pics looked really foggy/blurry
    http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6242_n.jpg

    Any tips for shooting in the rain/fog?
    Justin Chan
    2000 Emerald MIca Miata
  • edited November -1
    Nice pics, photogs!

    This is what an AP1 on Hankooks looks like in the wet..



    Joseph did very well in his first rwd autocross outing. He never spun the car, and the progression through the day was very interesting to watch. Congrats, Joseph, for graduating with honours from the Stook School of Car Control :mrgreen:

    I had some cone trouble in the first few runs of the afternoon, which left me 0.7 seconds down to him going into the last run...

    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited November -1
    Great job to all the photographers! Thanks for braving the rain to take photos of your fellow competitors.

    And where do I get in on this driving school that puts me behind the wheel of your gorgeous S2K? :lol:
    Stephanie Lee
    01 Honda S2000 [STR]
    07 Honda Fit [STF]
    UBCSCC Director of Member Relations
    UBCSCC President
    Current: UBCSCC Advisor
  • edited November -1
    Steffii wrote:
    Great job to all the photographers! Thanks for braving the rain to take photos of your fellow competitors.

    And where do I get in on this driving school that puts me behind the wheel of your gorgeous S2K? :lol:

    Don't worry Steffi, I got out paxed by your Fit anyway ;)

    P.S. I don't think I blink when I drive :shock:
    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited November -1
    Lesley certainly worked his magic in the Fit!

    Thanks for posting the S2k runs, they are fun to watch! :D
    Mason
    2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged (Past)
  • edited November -1
    PenguinPIE wrote:
    Lesley certainly worked his magic in the Fit!

    Thanks for posting the S2k runs, they are fun to watch! :D

    That he most certainly did. Nearly beat me on raw time, too!

    No problem.. I find that I learn a lot by watching how other people tackle the course, so I figure I might as well contribute.

    You're running the new Michelin Pilot Super Sports? They look like the rain tire to have.. too bad they don't come in 16" sizes.
    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited November -1
    Legin_k wrote:

    That he most certainly did. Nearly beat me on raw time, too!

    No problem.. I find that I learn a lot by watching how other people tackle the course, so I figure I might as well contribute.

    You're running the new Michelin Pilot Super Sports? They look like the rain tire to have.. too bad they don't come in 16" sizes.

    yes, it was my first event with them in the rain and they do seem shine in the wet :D .

    Too bad they don't seem to make 16" in that range of a tire. You're running 16" on your s2k?
    Mason
    2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged (Past)
  • edited November -1
    PenguinPIE wrote:

    yes, it was my first event with them in the rain and they do seem shine in the wet :D .

    Too bad they don't seem to make 16" in that range of a tire. You're running 16" on your s2k?

    Yeah, just the stock AP1 sizes for now. 205/225 on 16's
    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited November -1
    http://corvettebbq.blogspot.com/

    Updated my blog with tales from Slush #1, and some video of our runs in the noisy noisy Talon. Will see everyone Sunday - can't wait!

    Dina
  • edited November -1
    Very cool Dina, didn't know you had a blog setup. See you on Sunday!
    Andre Millette
    '99 Miata - STR
  • edited November -1
    Pics! Sorry for the long wait, everyone.

    A few highlights:

    Gorgeous weather, as usual
    6434600641_1b2ec35ec7.jpg
    IMGP1251 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    Why do we call it the Slush Series, again?
    6434608681_55f212d7bf.jpg
    IMGP1304 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    6434644607_e7f4a84e6a.jpg
    IMGP1572 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    "go around the cone" = "take the cone around?"
    6434625367_ca4b8e3eb0_m.jpg 6434625621_d66dc3f6bf_m.jpg 6434626089_e9894c8016_m.jpg

    waiting in grid on a very gray day
    6434633695_29f032b070.jpg
    IMGP1484 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    the wet weather didn't stop the cameras at all
    6434648391_4a195bb589_m.jpg 6434655111_681197766b_m.jpg 6434718783_958852f5e5_m.jpg

    uh oh...
    6434652613_316799ed1f.jpg
    IMGP1618 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    6434653177_a0326e001f.jpg
    IMGP1619 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    6434653467_ca8875ecbe.jpg
    IMGP1620 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    At least the weather dried up as the day progressed
    6434715437_254c843f59.jpg
    IMGP2025 by pistachoo, on Flickr

    puddle eye candy
    6434673137_503d31f4e1_m.jpg 6434680085_7b9e925d2d_m.jpg 6434665839_c74cc73bbf_m.jpg

    6434681897_f4ee5c13d9_m.jpg 6434684885_fa91d341a7_m.jpg 6434708169_b85d014eb9_m.jpg

    Subaru eye candy
    6434695941_c6ac009872_m.jpg 6434696143_253beeaed6_m.jpg 6434656191_ecfe7965fa_m.jpg

    random portrait orientation photos because the layout needs spicing up
    6434648775_f43cd8f4e1_m.jpg 6434627683_5847c43fe8_m.jpg 6434654631_0d256e540f_m.jpg 6434715685_6b84429f16_m.jpg 6434720137_126417e10c_m.jpg

    strong thenorm is strong!
    6434719987_1439b82260.jpg
    IMGP2061 by pistachoo, on Flickr


    Full set can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pistachoo/ ... 229020065/
Sign In or Register to comment.