Woot~! Thanks, Ken!
  • edited November -1
    Now there is an efficient use of available space! :mrgreen:
    7016251935_ae85996cd4.jpg
    Slush #7 by pistachoo, on Flickr

6870142932_73912bf3eb.jpg
    Slush #7 by pistachoo, on Flickr
  • edited November -1
    i'm looking forward to some heat 3 pictures. i know i saw a photographer out there.

here's my little pup, asleep in my wheel after the event.
    532778_10150758713510797_516495796_11877556_614752808_n.jpg
    Norman Hayton -
    2014 Mustang GT in F Street
    1999 BMW 323i for Rallycross
    2011 FSP Canadian National Champion
    2017 FS Canadian National Champion
  • edited March 2012
    Youtube clips:

Norm's Focus (FSP):
    http://youtu.be/aOjqX0XUmeY

Tyson's CRX (SMF):
    http://youtu.be/2jmpZ-Q0aCQ

Ryan's SVT Focus (H-stock):
    http://youtu.be/x1sT_PEGle0
  • edited November -1
    DSC_0972.jpg
    DSC_0970.jpg
    DSC_0428.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0237.jpg
    DSC_0426.jpg
    DSC_0407.jpg
    DSC_0241.jpg
    DSC_0245.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0271.jpg
    DSC_0297.jpgDSC_0302.jpgDSC_0308.jpgDSC_0315.jpgDSC_0834.jpgDSC_0726.jpgDSC_0740.jpgDSC_0692.jpg
    DSC_0415.jpgDSC_0682.jpgDSC_0852.jpgDSC_0858.jpgDSC_0199.jpgDSC_0596.jpgDSC_0469.jpgDSC_0481.jpgDSC_0438.jpgDSC_0356.jpgDSC_0365.jpgDSC_0301.jpgDSC_0317.jpgDSC_0455.jpgDSC_0161.jpgDSC_0170.jpgDSC_0198.jpgDSC_0289.jpgDSC_0386.jpg
  • edited November -1
    Kicker_92 wrote:
    Youtube clips:
    (link not working...)

Stick the YouTube video ID in the YouTube tag and it will embed the video into your post.
    Ken Au-Yeung - HBL Autosports 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS - STC
    PoweredByAloe.com Photo | Video : : Flickr
  • edited November -1
    DSC_0972.jpg

This made 92 dB??

That's killer!
  • PDMPDM
    edited November -1
    Coastal wrote:
    DSC_0972.jpg

This made 92 dB??

That's killer!

Mike's car and my SM car both run high quality Coast Fab mufflers - so they reduce noise VERY effectively. (I run 2 Coast Fab mufflers inline to make 92 dB in my 240, and run a single unit down south) But they are not cheap... - my dual stage muffler is over $480 US. But you pay to play.
  • edited November -1
    I'm going to look into those. Thanks!
  • edited November -1
    Did a lot of coning in the afternoon.. Here are our fastest scratch times:

Thanks for the ride, Andre! And congrats on getting the better clean run :mrgreen:
    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited March 2012
    Excuse the sound quality on my run, dont know what happened there.

55.416 couple of mistakes. most notably 0:18 i should have slowed down a bit during the last slalom cone and turn sharper early to get setup for the gate but i ended up pinching myself there and over turning. and of course the end, i still have no idea what the best line is hahaha. I need a data logger to find out =(.

56.3xx <-- only his second run in the car ><!~
    Lesley Hung
    2005 Honda S2000 [BS]
  • edited March 2012
    A little compilation video of Slush #7:
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXjcCqaT0Dg

• edited November -1
    Legin_k wrote:

interesting to see andre lag behind for the first half of the course but find time in the second half ^^ Nice stuff!
    Lesley Hung
    2005 Honda S2000 [BS]
  • edited November -1
    Lol I can definitely see why they're called Purple Crack, Les.. On that run I was testing just how fast I could move the steering wheel through the slaloms, and the tires just ate it up. Fun stuff.

And yeah, it's always great to see who gains time where, in the comparison videos. Just need a way to be able to see it between runs, now..

More videos - Lesley's second fun run of the event, in the car he'll be driving all year:

And in this video, Andre shows us the effects of extreme lateral G on the human body ;). The Miata really does have an amazing amount of grip :mrgreen:
    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited November -1
    Hahaha, awesome!!
    Andre Millette
    '99 Miata - STR
  • edited November -1
    my fastest scratch time. i think this would have taken top PAX if not for the cone.
    Norman Hayton -
  • edited November -1
    Great run, Norm.

Slaloms look amazing in that car.. Interesting line through the drain sweeper, too. Looks like fun on Hoosiers :P

How'd the 949s feel?
    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited November -1
    Legin_k wrote:
    Great run, Norm.

Slaloms look amazing in that car.. Interesting line through the drain sweeper, too. Looks like fun on Hoosiers :P

How'd the 949s feel?

interesting in a good way? maybe i need to compare to how u guys ran thru there.

the slaloms were crazy. the car is still faster thru there, i just need to learn to move my arms faster (but smoothly). its hard to tell the improvement from the 949s. they didnt add grip, just dropped some pounds from the old setup
    Norman Hayton -
  • edited November -1
    Great pictures!

I've uploaded my fastest run from my "helmet cam". Unforunately I did a bad job of aiming the camera, but it gives a good sense for how the car feels and provides a good look at my steering inputs (which could use some work).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxsi5BUXJzM
    Richard Arienzale
    2004 Honda S2000 -56 AS-
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V -56 STX- Sold!
  • edited November -1
    Good pics/videos guys.

My best time on very slow tires in a slow car:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEl2As0wWSY

Any other onboards of slower FWDs? Norm's car/lines are nice, but a tad different than what my car can do :mrgreen:

Cheers.
    Red 09 Yaris 5-dr. H-street/FSP
    Black Seven (Caterham knockoff) E-mod
    Silver 01 Miata STR
  • edited November -1
    C10CoryM wrote:
    Good pics/videos guys.

My best time on very slow tires in a slow car:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEl2As0wWSY

Any other onboards of slower FWDs? Norm's car/lines are nice, but a tad different than what my car can do :mrgreen:

Cheers.

your line should be similar, its just the grip/speed that is different. we both have to drive the "momentum" style.
    Norman Hayton -
  • edited November -1
    C10CoryM wrote:

I was running around the same times, about 65s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1sT_PEGle0

Left a lot of time in the end section, and was loose on the slalom ends & late on the throttle. It helps to have a vid to look back through afterwards, makes more sens when you can see it again. 8)
  • edited November -1
    C10CoryM wrote:

Not FWD, but here's a video of my last run which was about 2 seconds faster than yours:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2hMH3hky7c

You can use Youtube Doubler to compare runs... like this.

After looking at my video, I'm realizing that I spent all my energy trying to drive the zig-zag right. I completely forgot about the first 2/3rds of course. :roll: I guess being away from autocross for 5 months will make you do things like that. :wink:
  • edited November -1
    C10CoryM wrote:

Hey Cory,

I have my video up now. I never had a good run in the afternoon when I was filming and over drove the whole course. My dad was over 1 sec faster so I really am not a great example to follow on the course. Final time of 66.302, not my best because that one is not on video.

• edited November -1
    Doesn't have my faster run in the afternoon, but it's not that much faster anyways (it was a 66.654), but I do have the morning run at 67.387. I was running on brand new sticker Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, got less than 75km on them before the autocross. The SE-R is just too heavy and the field's only CVT really isn't helping either. Though watching the video I can certainly see I can improve a couple seconds more.

• edited November -1
    thenorm wrote:
    Legin_k wrote:
    Great run, Norm.

How'd the 949s feel?

interesting in a good way? maybe i need to compare to how u guys ran thru there.

the slaloms were crazy. the car is still faster thru there, i just need to learn to move my arms faster (but smoothly). its hard to tell the improvement from the 949s. they didnt add grip, just dropped some pounds from the old setup

Haha yes, interesting in a good way. I never really felt like I got that one right all day, and your line seems to flow pretty well around there. Looks like I may have tried to keep it a little too tight in the middle? Andre made up some time on my run, there.

Yeah, the focus looks like a monster in the slaloms.
    Nigel Koit
    2002 Honda S2000 STR
  • edited November -1
    Radeonic wrote:
    Doesn't have my faster run in the afternoon, but it's not that much faster anyways (it was a 66.654), but I do have the morning run at 67.387. I was running on brand new sticker Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, got less than 75km on them before the autocross. The SE-R is just too heavy and the field's only CVT really isn't helping either. Though watching the video I can certainly see I can improve a couple seconds more.

one comment i could make, is that it seems like a lot of your turns don't start until you arrive at the cone that you are going around, and it has to be an abrupt turn to complete it before the next cone. Starting your turns earlier would smooth out your line and your speed would be able to increase.
    Norman Hayton -
  • edited November -1
    thenorm wrote:
    one comment i could make, is that it seems like a lot of your turns don't start until you arrive at the cone that you are going around, and it has to be an abrupt turn to complete it before the next cone. Starting your turns earlier would smooth out your line and your speed would be able to increase.

Yeah I noticed it when I was reviewing my videos, it's especially bad in the slaloms. I was also still finding the optimal tire pressures that day for grip, the grip changes pretty noticeably with each run and I'm still finding the right combination for the front and rear pressure that works for me, just trying which works best to reduce the understeering.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for posting videos.

I think I must have messed up the last sweeper into the start of the zig-zags. Everyone else is going way wider exiting the sweeper than I did. I didn't think I was doing too badly through there as I thought wider would be too much distance and the car didn't mind the tighter line too much. But the first right handed zig-zag is where the time is gained back I guess?
    Red 09 Yaris 5-dr. H-street/FSP
    Black Seven (Caterham knockoff) E-mod
    Silver 01 Miata STR