DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0095-MOTION.gif

Comments

• edited November -1
    1998 Nissan 240sx- STX
  • edited November -1

My fastest run of the day 49.2
  • edited November -1
    thanks for 3 awesome shots of my nearly stock rusty corolla!
  • edited November -1
    my fastest at 49.4 in the Celica

Chris at 49.9
    Norman Hayton -
    2014 Mustang GT in F Street
    1999 BMW 323i for Rallycross
    2011 FSP Canadian National Champion
    2017 FS Canadian National Champion
  • edited November -1
    thenorm wrote:

Chris at 49.9

Nice to see my line wasn't far from more experienced guys. Thanks for posting. Norm, your line entering the chicago-box near station 4 was very wide compared to Chris' (and mine). Did you find that got you through the next two cones fastest?

Thanks as always to the people who work so hard to make these events happen.
    Cory
    Red 09 Yaris 5-dr. H-street/FSP
    Black Seven (Caterham knockoff) E-mod
    Silver 01 Miata STR
  • edited November -1
    C10CoryM wrote:
    thenorm wrote:

Chris at 49.9

Nice to see my line wasn't far from more experienced guys. Thanks for posting. Norm, your line entering the chicago-box near station 4 was very wide compared to Chris' (and mine). Did you find that got you through the next two cones fastest?

Thanks as always to the people who work so hard to make these events happen.
    Cory

I could get on the gas earlier coming out of the box.
    my solostorm shows me that I probably gained a tenth or two just on that. Whenever there is a straight away on the exit, I always prioritize a late apex.
    Norman Hayton -
    2014 Mustang GT in F Street
    1999 BMW 323i for Rallycross
    2011 FSP Canadian National Champion
    2017 FS Canadian National Champion
  • edited November -1
    Good to know. Thanks Norm.
    Silver 01 Miata STR
  • PDMPDM
    edited November -1
    thenorm wrote:
    C10CoryM wrote:
    thenorm wrote:

Chris at 49.9

Cory

I could get on the gas earlier coming out of the box.
    my solostorm shows me that I probably gained a tenth or two just on that. Whenever there is a straight away on the exit, I always prioritize a late apex.

As I stated during course walk Cory..... back side the cone, maximizing your full throttle time as much as possible. He who get's on the power earliest, will always have a faster exit speed and at the braking zone for the next element be faster there.

ALSO.....

A Novice note - STAY OUT OF THE PUDDLES !!!!!

Far too many of you run your cars through the puddles both DURING your runs (wonder why the car all of a sudden walks sideways at the next turn after you run through a puddle ?????? Sacrifice going through deep puddles as much as possible to keep the tires dry and as sticky as possible. Run through a puddle and not only do you pick up water, you also COOL down your tires - giving up any heat you build up before you ran through the puddle. (I made the mistake of getting greedy on both first and second runs in the morning on the fast left hand sweeper on the far old end of the course, and paid for it with locking up brakes and sideways antics on the chicago box and subsequent right hand entry to the double apex sweeper. dumb dumb, dumb.

Same thing for going back to the pits and lining up at the start folks.. STAY OUT OF THE WET !!! On cool days like the slush series, why lose all the built up heat you fought for on your run by splooshing through the puddles in the pit area ? Did any one watch where I parked and where I chose to exit and enter the course ? Did anyone else notice why I picked up a co-driver in the afternoon ?

don (old guy who's been to more than a few rodeo's.)
  • edited November -1
    PDM wrote:

As I stated during course walk Cory..... back side the cone, maximizing your full throttle time as much as possible. He who get's on the power earliest, will always have a faster exit speed and at the braking zone for the next element be faster there.

Yeah. I was trying to get out as far as possible w/o hitting the wet stuff. Where I run into problems is my floppy Yaris takes MUCH longer to get settled than a real car. If I tried to get as wide on entry as you guys, pretty sure I would be going backwards through the box.
    Silver 01 Miata STR