UBCSCC Slush Series #1 - *** CANCELLED ***

edited October 2019 in Autocross (Solo II)
Date: Monday, October 14th
Time: Gates open @ 7:30am, morning check in closes at 8:45am (if you miss course walk, you will not be driving)
CANCELLED

Regular Price: $62.50
Early Bird: $52.50 (closes 8 days prior to event)
Membership Required: Membership purchase is now included with your first event of the year.

Registration Cap: 90
The event is capped at 90 registrations plus current exec. Please register for the waitlist on MSR if the event is full. If you are on the waitlist, you will be notified when a spot becomes available. Please respond within 48 hours to ensure the spot is not passed on to the next eager participant.

Cancelations: No Refunds
Credit, however may be given if the spot is able to be filled with a replacement participant and the host is notified a MINIMUM of 7 days prior to the event.

Entry:
Please bring your vehicle to a complete stop and look both directions at the break in the fence in the driveway to ensure you are not struck by a plane.
Find a parking spot for the day, prep your car, and drive it to the grid for a safety inspection.

BY REGISTERING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS. Any violations of these regulations will result in an immediate end to your day - please read BEFORE signing up. The supplemental regulations and Slush Series rules for the upcoming season are currently being updated and will be posted soon.

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from local autocross clubs without warning.

Good luck from all of us in your UBCSCC Executive Team!

We are also looking for 3 people to help setup Saturday, 2 people to help with waivers on Sunday morning, and 3 people to help with tear down at the end of the event. Setup is a great opportunity to learn a little bit more about the course as well as a chance to walk the course the day before (especially helps for new drivers).

Setup (Sunday)
1. Leon Ho

Morning Waivers (Monday) - Mans the gate and makes certain anyone who enters the driving centre signs the waiver:
1. [7:10-8:15am]: Lawrence Liang
2. [8:15-9:00am]: Marlon Perez

Tear Down (Monday at the end of the event)
1. Cory

Although we welcome all volunteers for these positions, only those who have been contacted and listed here will be eligible to use it towards their work assignment for the day. Thanks!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Morning set up and chalking or tech please. Zoltan. Thx
  • edited November -1
    Cory for Teardown please. Thanks!
    Red 09 Yaris 5-dr. H-street/FSP
    Black Seven (Caterham knockoff) E-mod
    Silver 01 Miata STR
  • edited November -1
    7:10-8:15 waivers - Lawrence Liang
    8:15-9am waivers - Marlon Perez

Please and thanks!
  • edited November -1
    So...I have a problem. I’d really love to participate in this autocross. I was planning on co driving with Ken Morgan. My problem is that I have to work Saturdays and Sundays after 3 in Richmond. So In order to do this autocross, I need to run in group 1, but I also need to have a morning work assignment. Unfortunately I see that the two waiver jobs are already spoken for. Is there any other morning work assignment you could give me, so that I’d be able to do this? I’m happy to do just about anything!
  • edited November -1
    Course setup please!

Leon Ho

2013 BRZ - SSC

2008 Honda Civic SI - HS - 6D1C

• edited November -1
    Miataman wrote:
    So...I have a problem. I’d really love to participate in this autocross. I was planning on co driving with Ken Morgan. My problem is that I have to work Saturdays and Sundays after 3 in Richmond. So In order to do this autocross, I need to run in group 1, but I also need to have a morning work assignment. Unfortunately I see that the two waiver jobs are already spoken for. Is there any other morning work assignment you could give me, so that I’d be able to do this? I’m happy to do just about anything!

We can put you in for morning tech as your work assignment (7:30-8:15). If you are driving in STS, then we'll be putting you in heat 2 with the other street touring index drivers.
  • edited November -1
    Is there someway for me to run in the first run group? I’d need to be done my day by about 2:15 at the latest. Will running in top gun put me in the first run group?
  • edited November -1
    Did you guys change the date? I thought this event was Oct.27?
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow i didn’t even notice that, If the date really is the 14th I won’t be able to attend at all, I start work an hour earlier that day.
  • edited November -1
    Hi guys,

I'd like to do wavers please in any time slot or another assignment that doesn't require running (I got physical limitation).

Cheers,
    Gregory Chalenko
  • edited November -1
    immorality wrote:
    Did you guys change the date? I thought this event was Oct.27?

Schedule still says Oct 27 but I see on motorsportreg it has changed...the club might want to push out an alert because I wouldn’t have known other than I was randomly reading this thread...
  • edited November -1
    October 14 and November 24 were posted on Facebook too.
    edited November -1
    GringoFX wrote:
    October 14 and November 24 were posted on Facebook too.

Just to clarify that for the non-facebook people - this was the post from UBCSCC on the facebook page. Posted last night.....

Please note that the dates for our October and November events have changed due to unforseen circumstances. The new dates are listed below.

October 14th (Thanksgiving)
    November 24th
    Brian Hemming | 1990 Mazda Miata - CSP | 1993 Mazda MX6 - HS
    edited November -1
    Also I see I'm not the only one with the idea of a "cheater" slush car - yeah Marlon/Lawrence & Rich/Mark - I'm looking at you :lol:

Dammit and I just sold the Green Monster. Would have liked to actually match the MX6 up against the Civics
  • edited November -1
    Is that any different than you buying a Mazda MX6, Norm agreeing to codrive with Dave, etc? :D Working on Mitch to come out in the Fiesta ST as well.

Top Gun at Slush is going to be a knife fight this year...

-Mark
    Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
    BM #51: 2004 Stohr WF1
    STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i (sold 2019)
    DSP #67: 1997 BMW 328is (sold 2012)
    edited November -1
    lowside67 wrote:
    Top Gun at Slush is going to be a knife fight this year...

-Mark

Yup - I think Jim and I are in. If I can get my new oddball HS car running by then that is :roll:

Norm is in the Golf R? We might have to just stick to HS results :lol:
  • edited November -1
    Yes!!!!!! Jim and Brian are in too! My dreams come true for an all out knife fight for slush 2019/2020!!!! YASSS!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Marloon wrote:
    Yes!!!!!! Jim and Brian are in too! My dreams come true for an all out knife fight for slush 2019/2020!!!! YASSS!!!!!
    That wasn’t your tune on Facebook when you were crying to me about hoping for some easy points at the first event ;)

-Mark
  • edited November -1
    I'll take what I can get. Hahah. Oh man, this is gonna be an uphill climb. I hope Lawrence and I can bring something to the table this year hahah.
  • edited November -1
    Marloon wrote:
    I'll take what I can get. Hahah. Oh man, this is gonna be an uphill climb. I hope Lawrence and I can bring something to the table this year hahah.
    It was you guys buying the Civic that started this whole thing ;)

-Mark
  • edited November -1
    I'll stick with the bridgestones all slush even in the downpours to even the pack since awd is cheater for slush
  • edited November -1
    These front page dates aren’t updated yet...

http://www.ubcscc.com/
  • edited November -1
    zoli21 wrote:
    I'll stick with the bridgestones all slush even in the downpours to even the pack since awd is cheater for slush

Lots of 'cheater' slush cars coming out this year, bring the conti's... no excuses

rich
    http://www.richardbasford.com <<<<< STS Miata Build!
    edited November -1
    Shhh....if he wants to run Blizzaks then let him :lol:
  • edited November -1
    Anyone know why MotorsportsReg says registration is suspended?
    edited November -1
    mnoske12 wrote:

I'm guessing it's because of this facebook post - by UBCSCC

Please note that the dates for our October and November events have changed due to unforseen circumstances. The new dates are listed below.

*** CANCELLED ***October 14th (Thanksgiving)
    Slush #1 November 24th
  • edited November -1
    510 wrote:
    mnoske12 wrote:

I'm guessing it's because of this facebook post - by UBCSCC

*** CANCELLED ***October 14th (Thanksgiving)
    Slush #1 November 24th

Thanks didn't realize they changed the date again
    edited November -1
    mnoske12 wrote:

No worries - I didn't intend for that to sound sarcastic (if it did). Not sure what's with posting to facebook instead of the forum lately.....I think most people still come here for info....
  • edited November -1
    510 wrote:
    mnoske12 wrote:

No worries - I didn't intend for that to sound sarcastic (if it did). Not sure what's with posting to facebook instead of the forum lately.....I think most people still come here for info....

I agree very much with this post about facebook. I'm not the only one here that's not on facebook. Stuff like date changes and cancellation should be posted here first and foremost, then fb. Also, motorsportsreg should send out an email for changes and cancellations.

Can we possibly get confirmation (here on the forum) from an exec about the status of this event? Thanks
  • edited November -1
    With apologies for all the confusion. We are no longer able to run an event on our original Slush 1 date (October 27th) and will NOT be running an event on the Thanksgiving Monday (October 14th). The season will start on November 24th our revised November date.