UBCSCC/ VCMC Time Attack 2020

This year we are looking to grow the sport of automotive racing and give drivers the chance to experience Time Attack in a CACC Time Attack series. UBCSCC will be hosting 1 out of 6 no-passing Time Attack events this summer at Mission Raceway.

Time attack offers a safe environment for drivers looking to join a group of people who test both their personal limits and the limits of the car. We aim to create a constructive community for participants to work together and defeat the proverbial clock.

There will be three different events schedules this year with the following dates:

May 1st – 8:30am-4pm Full Day event (gates open at 7am, tech closes at 7:50am)

June 1st - 8:30am-4pm Integrated with UBCSCC Lapping event (Allowable Entries Reduced to 16)

June 17th - 8:30am-4pm Full Day event (gates open at 7am, tech closes at 7:50am)

July 5th – 5pm–9pm Evening event (gates are open at 3pm, tech closes at 4:15pm)

July 25th – 5pm–9pm Evening event

August 15th – 5pm–8:30pm Evening event

September 25th – 8:30am-4pm Full Day event

*Registration for each event is through motorsportreg.com (Registration for events 4,5, and 6 are open 3 months before the event date)

Full Day events will have 2 qualifying/ warmup sessions and 3+ timed sessions (time permitting).

Evening/ Integrated events will have 1 qualifying session and 3 timed sessions.

Full day events are $225 Earlybird and $240 full price

Evening and integrated events are $165 Earlybird and $180 full price

All participants are required to have a timing transponder, which is available for $35 rental per event.

Qualifying runs: ~15 minutes

Drivers will first qualify during the first heat of the event, vehicle run heats will be determined from these times and grouped into timed run heats.

Timed runs: Out-lap, 3 timed laps, cool-down lap

Run heats will be staggered based on each cars fastest time of the day. If you surpass another vehicles lap time, you will run ahead of them in your heat. Organizers will actively update and stage drivers based on their perspective lap times.

FAQ:

What is Time Attack – No Passing?

A speed competition on a closed circuit with one car at a time running against the clock for the fastest time. Multiple cars may be on track at one time. Restricted passing may be allowed during non-timed sessions. Vehicles compete against the clock one at a time or at sufficient spacing such that there is minimal chance of one vehicle catching another on course during the timed competition. Passing in any timed session may be allowed at the Steward’s discretion.

Is my vehicle eligible?

Stock and modified vehicles are welcome! If you have driven your vehicle at auto-X or Lapping/ HPDE event, you are eligible. You will need to pass a topical technical inspection at the event on-top of your own pre-event technical inspection.

All vehicles must be in a safe condition and pass an inspection to be conducted prior to the event. All items in this section are to be inspected to ensure the vehicle meets all requirements without exception and are subject to the approval of the scrutineer at each event.

A full list of rules can be found at: http://www.caccautosport.org/wp-cont...ebook-V1-1.pdf

Am I eligible?

If you have completed at least 1 track day and posses a CACC Time Attack License you are eligible to compete, however we recommend attending a few HPDE/ Lapping events prior to attending a Time Attack.

How do I get my CACC Time Attack License?

It is very easy to apply for a Novice time attack license. Sign up via Motorsportreg.com for your 2020 CACC Competition License Application.

Remember, a UBCSCC membership is included when you sign up for a UBCSCC Time Attack event.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2020-cacc-competition-licence-application-438451

Novice driver: is one who has not competed in at least three Time Attack No passing, six documented Lapping events or an approved driving school. A competitor that meets the requirements for a driver’s license may apply for a Novice Time Attack license. Eligibility and acceptance is at discretion of the

Time Attack Director. A Novice Time Attack license-holder may apply for an upgrade to a Senior license after competing in the required CACC sanctioned Time Attack events or CACC accredited school.

Senior driver: is one, who has competed in at least three Time Attack No Passing events or six documented lapping days or an approved driving school.

What safety gear is required:

Seatbelts: All cars competing in a Time Attack No Passing event must (at a minimum) be equipped with an OEM driver restraint system. If using an alternate restraint system, it must conform to CACC GCR 19.

Helmets: meeting the 2010 (or later) Snell Memorial Foundation standard are approved. In the case of competitors using an “M” helmet, a balaclava conforming to CACC GCR 18.2 Section F is also required. No balaclava is required if using a SA helmet. Shirts and pants of a non-synthetic material covering the body from the neck to the wrists to the ankles

Roll Protection: Roll-over protection is highly recommended for all vehicles and is mandatory for vehicles with fold-own or completely removable tops.

Clothing: Shirts and pants of a non-synthetic material covering the body from the neck to the wrists to the ankles

What about series points?

The competitor must compete in a minimum of 50% plus 1 of the events to qualify for a championship standing;

1stst – 10 Points

2nd – 8 points

3rd– 6 points, etc

8th – 1 point

Cancelations:

Refunds/credits for cancellations will be made at the discretion of the event organizer prior to one month before the event date. Within one month to the event date there will be no refunds.

BY REGISTERING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS. Any violations of these regulations will result in an immediate end to your day - please read BEFORE signing up.

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts or reckless driving before during or after the event. Evening events will be entering the track after another club has been racing. Be courteous to those who are on track or in the pitts.

Thank you to all those who read the entire post. Now go sign up, challenge your friends and make this season a fantastic year!

Cheers,

Ryan Richman

Ryan Richman - exUBCSCC VP
1994 Mazda Miata 1.8T - Green - SSM
2004 Mini Cooper S - Lemon Grey
1994 Mazda Miata 1.8NA - Blue - Doryfish (sold)
2007 Ford Ranger - Race Truck/ family support vehicle
2000 Audi A4 2.8 Supercharged (sold)

Comments

• Are spectators going to be allowed at the June 1st event? Or only participants?

• How do I find out what Car Class I should select when signing-up for a Time Attack event, I have my licence, but can't seem to find a list of classes online. In Auto-X I was in GS (stock 2017 VW Golf GTI Autobahn).

Barry
    2017 Metallic Grey GTI

• late reply, but time attack follows CACC classing. its based on displacement.

for SuperStock (SS) and StreetPrepared (SP) classes.

SS or SP 1 = less than 1800cc

2=1800 to 2500

3 =2500 to 4000

4 = over 4000

if you have a turbo/ supercharger, multiply displacement by 1.7

rotaries are 2 x displacement.

for SPX (engine swap) classes

SPX1= less than 1800

SPX2=1800 to 2800

SPX33=over 2800

for the GT classes, just read the rulebook already!!

Norman Hayton -
    2014 Mustang GT in F Street
    1999 BMW 323i for Rallycross
    2011 FSP Canadian National Champion
    2017 FS Canadian National Champion